Date:      Mon, 05 Jan 2004 12:30:05 +0900
From:      Rommel Ikeda <r_ikeda@oisca.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM R40e's Broadcom NeXtreme Fast Ethernet - NIC

Hi Everyone,

I have an IBM Thinkpad R40e and I have a dual boot with Windows XP and
FreeBSD 4.9 - Release...
My Windows XP's Device Manager says that my NIC is Broadcom NeXtreme
Fast Ethernet.  I have used a Corega USB LAN Card with FreeBSD and have
not encountered any problems.  The reason why I want to use my Broadcom
NeXtreme Fast Ethernet with FreeBSD is that I wanted to just switched
from my 2 OSes and not have to take my LAN Cable on/off my NIC...
I have searched the mailing list archives and found that some people are
setting  "device miibus" and "device bge" in their kernel configuration
in order to use Broadcom NICs...If I do this, will this work on my
laptop too? Or I really have to forget my Broadcom NIC and use my USB
Corega LAN Card for FreeBSD?
Thanks for any response, advice, and help...

Rommel B. Ikeda