Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:45:29 -0600
From:      "DOROVSKOY,IGOR (A-Portsmouth,ex1)" <igor_dorovskoy@agilent.com>
To:        'Barkley Vowk' <bvowk@3jane.math.ualberta.ca>, Axel Simon <A.Simon@ukc.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Harddisk damage by driver?

This is a very good point. In my practice in many cases
the bad IDE cable may cause a lot of troubles or hard
identify problems even some very strange like successfully
ftped files are different (!) - no any errors, warnings, nothing.

I've ended up with rounded cables and do advise to replace
flats as soon as someone complains about "weird thing".

Here are cheap and good: http://www.svcompucycle.com/ata133.html

Thanks,
Igor