Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 22:08:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing X-Windows

My secret spy satellite informs me that on 13-Jun-98, Sue Blake wrote:
> Thanks for using NetForward!
> http://www.netforward.com
> v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
>
> On Fri, Jun 12, 1998 at 08:02:12PM -0700, Donald Burr wrote:
>
>> The probem that you mentioned is, unfortunately, a very well-known
>> deficiency in FreeBSD.  But it's
>> one that we're trying to fix!  For example, as mentioned earlier, we
>> have
>> tons of window managers/environments available in hte ports collection.
>> But, We are also sponsoring a contest for people to actually DESIGN a
>> windowing environment/theme that's appropriate to FreeBSD.
>
> Really? Great! Who's "we"? We haven't seen it here and I can't find
> anything on the newsflash page. How did people find out about this?
> What other juicy bits of info are we newbies missing out on? :-)

I thought I posted a URL on this.  (Buti t wouldn't be the first time
that my brain has returned an 'Error 404'.)  Oh well, here goes:

http://www.freebsd.org/~jkh/xcontest/

Actually, when I said "we", I meant FreeBSD as a whole.  I am not actually
involved in this -- the people involved are Jordan, Gilad Rom, and Philip
Salzman.  But it can definitely be agreed on that this thing can only
stand to benefit The FreeBSD Project and its users!
---
Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com> - Ask me for my PGP key | PGP: Your
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455 | right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.
Phone: (805) 957-9666    FAX: (800) 492-5954            | USE IT.