Date:      Sun, 22 May 2005 17:24:00 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: wi0 is always status: no carrier

--nextPart1369762.Y9Ocml6YBZ

On Friday 20 May 2005 10:20 pm, John Baldwin wrote:

> I have a patch to make the PIR code trust the BIOS in this case over the
> $PIR table that you can test if you want.  Actually, I committed the patch
> finally a while ago.  It is rev 1.117 in HEAD.  It should backport to 5.x
> directly.  Try that and see if it fixes your problem.

I wiped the drive and started over with a new install.  Then, I applied you=
r=20
patch and rebooted into the new kernel.  My dmesg output was identical=20
between the two kernels (save for the normal little things like minor skew =
in=20
clock rates).  Pardon my ignorance, but should I be somehow requesting that=
=20
my cbb device get bound to IRQ 11 instead of 10?  There's no line containin=
g=20
"cbb" in /boot/device.hints; should I add one?
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser