Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:58:29 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        mel bessaha <seek3r@neurotic.dyndns.org>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Kees Jan Koster <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.3 and JHTTP Servlet Engines

> Are you running Orion standalone?  Im very much interested in
> performance and from what ive read from different ad hoc benchmarks,
> apache does a better job at serving static content and should there be
> used as the default web server on port 80 while tossing jsp/servlet
> requests to Orion on port 8080.  What are you thoughts?

I have been running Orion stand-alone, but I intend to create make a port
(either the current www/orion or a new one) install Orion and Apache in a way
that Apache servces the static content (.html, .txt, .gif, .jpg, etc.) while
Orion serves the dynamic content (JSP's, servlets, etc.)

I do not have information about performance on FreeBSD, since I haven't done
large deployments on FreeBSD systems. Perhaps Kees Jan Koster is the one to
ask?

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ