Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:46:12 -0600
From:      Ed Stover <estover@nativenerds.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   help with poppassd

Problems with poppassd on 4.10, I can talk to poppassd 106 from telnet
both on and off localhost. but for some odd reason i can't get it to
change my password.
ok, here are the steps that i have taken all ready

 cd /usr/ports/mail/poppassd/ && make install
(it install perfectly)
(added this line to /etc/inetd.conf )
pop3pw  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/poppassd
poppassd
(checked to see if folling line was in /etc/services, and it was there)
pop3pw          106/tcp    3com-tsmux   #Eudora compatible PW changer
(added following line to /etc/hosts.allow in the appropriate place)
poppassd : ALL : allow
(restarted inetd)
telnet from local host to port 106 and found it running.
telnet from remote machines  port 106and was able to talk to daemon.

Now, I can talk to the daemon but it wont change my password. Any clues?