Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 1998 08:27:11 +0600 (ALMT)
From:      Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Jim Cassata <jim@web-ex.com>, FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Netware client for FreeBSD

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > This is extremely important for all of us FreeBSD proponents out there!
> > Caldera has the right idea, because it is their bundling of Netware
> > services with their Linux distribution that incents MIS people to
>
> They can do this because they have an agreement with Novell to do so.
	But Mars_nwe was written by Martin Stover from scratch.

> > introduce a new OS into their environment.  Just about all of our
> > customers are Netware environments, and it is precisely this lack of a
> > Netware client or integration into NDS that usually halts any FreeBSD box
> > from being introduced.  Just look at what is happening in our industyr
>
> That's just silly.  The netcon product has been out for *3 years* now
> and delivers more than adequate Netware client, server and IPX gateway
> functionality at a reasonable price.  It has been on our commercial
> software pages and in the commerce distribution since almost day one as
> well so nobody can say we didn't publicise it as an option.

	Yes, price is reasonable, but some peoples and organizations
still can't by it. In addition, netcon product does not support (at least
for now) FreeBSD 3.0 and miss some functions in server implementation.
	In general, FreeBSD need some improvements to IPX stack and
routing daemon (I wrote about that to Jhon Hay).

--
Boris Popov