Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:08:09 +0100
From:      Gerhard Schmidt <estartu@augusta.de>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linuxulator MFC and VMware/FYI, multiple vmwares is possible

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 09:22:19PM -0800, Vladimir N. Silyaev wrote:
> Under -current we have a better way to achieve same results and
> all those tricks are redundant. BTW if_tap under -current already=20
> supports several instances.

Thats fine but the problem is, that -current will stay current until=20
fall 2002. I run vmware on my workstation. I use it to run software I need
for Work.=20

I cannot install -current on this Machine because it has to run every day=
=20
and I don=B4t have the time to fix the problems coming with -current.=20

As far as I can see there ist still no fix in RELENG_4 for the networking
problem of vmware. The Fix is there and working for me, but I have to=20
fix it every time I update my system.=20

Another problem is that vmware3 is out. Sooner or later vmware will stop=20
to sell Version 2 licences and the free update option will go away to.

Having -current delayed until Fall 2002 the is a need for vmware3 to=20
run on -stable until FreeBSD 5.0 is released.=20

So long=20

	Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | EMail: estartu@augusta.de          |  on request=20
Germany            | 					| =20

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5--