Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 01:19:04 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        NoP / Compiler <nop@todolinux.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: redhat.org????

>  I can't understand why FreeBSD has registered redhat.org and
> has put into that domain freebsd pages... It does not give a
> good image of FreeBSD, IMHO.

"FreeBSD" has done no such thing and I can't understand why you could
even infer such a thing from the available evidence:

% whois redhat.org
TotalConnect Internet (REDHAT3-DOM)
   3715 Blenkinsop Rd.
   Victoria, BC V8P-3P2

As even the most elementary research shows, this is clearly a Canadian
site.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the FreeBSD Project, nor
does:

      Huot, Marc  (MHH155)  marc@DREAMFORGE.NET
      3715 Blenkinsop Rd.
      Victoria
      BC
      V8P-3P2

Visiting dreamforge.net's web site also does not indicate that there
is any connection between this site and FreeBSD in any official way.

This is the Internet.  Until Network Solutions changes their
registration policy, people can register whichever domains they damn
well please, including pepsi.net or iamlinustorvalds.com, and point
them wherever they want them to point.  None of this, however, has
anything to do with the FreeBSD project, it's nothing that the FreeBSD
project can change and I'm mystified that anyone could ever think
otherwise.

- Jordan