Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 17:22:56 +1000
From:      "Andrew" <mynet@uq.net.au>
To:        "Sergey" <serge69@nym.alias.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Q] How stable is FreeBSD 3.X ?

A friend of mine who runs a web hosting and anonymous ftp
server has been running 3.1 Release for about 2 months without
even so much as a reboot . The box is on a 100mbit connection
at a data center. He also has a shell service on the same box.
The box recently set a record for the amount
of data served from any client at the data center. The second closest
client which has a whole room full of SGI and SUN machines was
only using about half as much data.

The machine is a P2-450 with x3 16 GIG IBM ide drives
and 512 meg ram.

He has just changed another box in a different country to FreeBSD
3.2 release from Solaris 2.7 ( x86 ) because of problems. It is now
running 3.2 Release and everything seams great. Solaris 2.7 dosent
like ide drives over 8 gig which isnt good considering IBM make 22 gig
IDE drives now.

Andrew