Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 1999 13:39:17 +0100
From:      Marc Erdmann <marc.erdmann@gmx.net>
To:        FreeBSD ISDN <freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: niccy go suddenly "cannot access S0-bus"

Hello!

I get nearly the same messages from my niccy go with no scsi controllers
installed.
After a "soft reset" the messages appeared when I connected to my
ISP and didnīt stop. After a normal reboot the problem continued.
I turned the machine off and afterwards everything worked without any problems.
After a soft reboot, the same problem occured again.

 Marc

Leif Neland wrote (Fri, 24 Dec 1999):
>I installed a niccy go isdnboard, and had it happily working for a few
>days, both as answering machine and to connect to my ISP.
>
>Then I built a kernel with the new "sym" driver, but my machine still
>wanted to use the ncr driver for the onboard SCSI-controller.
>
>I noticed errormesages from kernel regarding the isdn, so I reinstalled
>the saved copy of the old kernel.
>
>Still I get messages.
>
>Could sym driver probes have messed up a register on niccy-go's nvram, if
>it has such, or is this (most probably) just a coincidence?
>
>Leif
>
>Dec 24 10:24:09 arnold isdnd[38485]: WRN error open /etc/isdn/isdnd.rates: No such file or directory
>Dec 24 10:24:09 arnold isdnd[38485]: DMN i4b isdn daemon started (pid = 38485)
>Dec 24 10:24:19 arnold /kernel: i4b: unit 0, assigned TEI = 119 = 0x77
>Dec 24 10:24:21 arnold /kernel: i4b-L1-timer3_expired: state = F4 Awaiting Signal
[...]

--
// THE FUTURE IS WAITING...