Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 13:05:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Fuhrman <cfuhrman@tfcci.com>
To:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc:        <colug@stones.wcbe.org>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Oracle DB Alternatives?  (WAAAAAAY Off-topic)

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Brad Knowles wrote:

> 	Out of curiosity, is there a reason why Sybase isn't on this
> list?  Historically, they've been the primary competitor to Oracle
> (much, much more so than Informix or DB2 has ever been), Sun is one
> of their two native development platforms, and they've tended to be
> much more sensitive to licensing issues, etc....
>
> 	So, I'm really curious to know why you haven't investigated using
> them instead.

I don't have any personal experience with Sybase although we're open to
just about anything (except MySQL or anything that only runs on Microsoft
Operating Systems).

What are some of the pros and cons related to Sybase?

--
Chris Fuhrman           | Twenty First Century Communications
cfuhrman@tfcci.com      | Software Engineer