Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2007 22:21:25 -0500
From:      Jeff Royle <lists@qwirky.net>
To:        Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.2 Release -  Adaptec 2130SLP driver?? issue - aac driver

Bruce Burden wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 12:52:40AM +0800, LI Xin wrote:
>> Jeff Royle wrote:
>>> aacu0: Adaptec Raid Controller 2.0.7-1
>>> aacpu0: <SCSI Passthrough Bus> on aacu0
>>>
>>> Going to continue testing with the newer driver.
>> I have some preliminary work on merging the Adaptec driver:
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~delphij/for_review/patch-aac-vendor-b11518
>>

>    Hi Jeff, LI,
>
> 	I think I missed some of this exchange, so please bear
>    with me.
>
> 	I have an Adaptec 2130SLP + battery backup that I am
>    thinking about using. I was going to go with a LSI/Dell card,
>    but that seems to be giving me trouble.
>
> 	So, back to the 2130SLP. I have downloaded the FreeBSD
>    x64 driver from Adaptec. I also have your patch, LI. Which one
>    do you recommend? (FWIW, I am running FBSD 6.2-STABLE/amd64).

The binary driver version is 2.0.7-1 x64 b11518 is what you have I
assume.  Which is accdu if you do load it.

6.2's driver is version 2.0.0-1 (aac)

Xin's patch is to bring the aac driver up to version 2.0.7-1.

Here is a copy from my dmesg:

--- snip ---
aac0: <Adaptec SCSI RAID 2130S> mem
0xfc600000-0xfc7fffff,0xfc5ff000-0xfc5fffff irq 24 at device 1.0 on pci2
aac0: New comm. interface enabled
aac0: Adaptec Raid Controller 2.0.7-1
aacp0: <SCSI Passthrough Bus> on aac0
--- snip ---

I am using his patch currently testing the card.   Other then the bug I
have mentioned in this thread, it has been stable for me.   Note: I use
i386 so I haven't tested this under amd64 (yet).

> 	LI, do I understand that I should download your aaccli
>    change? I believe you indicated that this change was not MFC'd
>    from -CURRENT in time for the 6.2 release, right? So I need
>    to cvsup the ports?

The patch Xin listed above is strictly for the driver and not the aacli.

> 	I have, I believe, an older Rev. 1 card, which I believe
>    will work with the aaccli code, but it would be nice to have
>    the ability to work with things moving forward.

Unfortunately for me in my testing my 2130S just does not work with aaccli.

If you need help in patching let me know.

Cheers,

Jeff