Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:07:48 +0800 (+0800)
From:      Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Synching my src...

"Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net> writes:
>Perhaps you should _READ_ the mailing list charters.

And fine charters they are, indeed.  Very logical.  Very organized.
I love the theory.

However, I must concede the sociological reality that trying to get people
not to chitchat in freebsd-stable is like trying to prohibit personal
conversations at work.  It's unenforceable, even if there were an authority
motivated to enforce it, which there isn't.

It is reasonable, though, to prohibit people from posting personal messages
on the company bulletin board, and I'm merely proposing the establishment of
an analogous device.

	-Michael Robinson