Date:      Tue, 19 May 2009 12:27:09 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter@vk2pj.dyndns.org>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        "Paul B. Mahol" <onemda@gmail.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: eeePC - disabling tap

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

On 2009-May-16 11:27:20 -0400, Dan Langille <dan@langille.org> wrote:
>psm0: model IntelliMouse, device ID 3

I have one of those (or actually a Synaptics emulating an IntelliMouse)
on a HP nx6125 and the tap 'just works' so I've never looked further.

>> Maybe you need to use X11 synaptic driver(guessing).

This isn't necessary.  I have to run the Acer Aspire One touchpad as a
Synaptics mouse because it doesn't emulate anything (other than a dumb
mouse).  I do this with 'hw.psm.synaptics_support=3D"1"' in my
loader.conf and then use moused and xf86-input-mouse - I have full tap
and scroll support (though the button handling is somewhat dodgy).

There are a pile of hw.psm.synaptics sysctls to control it (though
I haven't needed to tweak any).

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi