Date:      Fri, 07 Jun 1996 23:11:23 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Will Brown <ewb@zns.net>
Cc:        angio@aros.net, karpen@sea.campus.luth.se, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: MD5 Crack code

: - two factors. Exactly how it stays in time-sync with servers I don't
: know. Maybe there is more to it... (speak up folks).  Yes
: unfortunately the target customer seems to be high-end security
: freaks (with $$), not ISPs and the ilk (sigh).

I recall some discussions around the office about using these.  It
will know what time your card is at by what number you type in.  The
server knows all the numbers +- 15 minutes and can use what you claim
the number to be to "skew" the delta time on changes.  Put more
simply, the server knows what the delta between passwords is to much
more accuracy than 1 minute.  Kinda a clever scheme.

Warner