Date:      Thu, 25 May 2000 11:11:02 -0600
From:      "DINKEY,GENE (Non-HP-Loveland,ex1)" <charles_dinkey@non.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: what about clauses?

>Good question.  Anybody else know the answer?  License reproduced
>below.  I speculate that it keys off the distinction between "retain"
>and "reproduce".
>-russ
>
>Copyright 1994-1999 FreeBSD, Inc. All rights reserved.
>
>Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
>modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
>met:
>
>    1.Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
>      notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
>    2.Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above
>      copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following
>      disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided
>      with the distribution.

I believe tyhat what they mean by reproduce is that you are free to
distribute only a binary but that binary must display (reproduce) the notice
when it is run.  Or perhaps in something like a help->about box.  Don't
quote me on that though, I'm not a lawer  :)

Gene
(reply to address is messed up, please send reply's to gene_dinkey@hp.com)