Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 1995 17:36:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD versus no-parity-support motherboards.

I've been running FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 for some time on a 486 DX/33 ISA system.
The time has come to upgrade.  I've been checking out motherboards, and the
most performant for the money seem to be the Triton-based motherboards (ASUS,
SuperMicro, et al).  The one thing that makes me a tad nervous is the lack
of parity support in the Triton chipset.

So, the question:  Is anyone out there running FreeBSD (1.1, 2.0, 2.0.5, etc)
on one of these motherboards?  If so, have you seen any significant problems
with undetected memory errors?  My only other option seems to be to go with
the Neptune chipset, but it doesn't support some of the sexier technology
(Burst SRAM, etc).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com