Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2000 20:07:26 +0200
From:      "Andrei A. Dergatchev" <A.Dergatchev@tn.utwente.nl>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unix

> I haven't found anything on the Sun site.

Well, *if* one got some time, it won't hurt to read some books
from System Administrator Collection (available in pdf format
too) like those for 2.6 (haven't had the time to search for newest
versions)

http://docs.sun.com:80/ab2/products_C/INDEX/@ProductViewer/3507/*;td=1?Ab2Lang=C&Ab2Enc=iso-8859-1#CurrentPos

> And I don't know of anything
> resembling the *newbie* conference.  However, there is a newsgroup,
> comp.unix.solaris, which is okay for individual questions, and in fact seems
> to have roughly the same signal to noise ratio as freebsd-questions.

And newbies section of FreeBSD documentation has some useful pointers
too (Solaris is Unix, after all :-) )
http://www.freebsd.org/projects/newbies.html#unix

> If you hear of any good Solaris sites with fora, please let me know.  All I
> have found so far are the ones with Solaris ports.
>
> mvh/regards
>
> James

Andrei