Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 01:09:02 +0900 (JST)
From:      sanpei@sanpei.org (MIHIRA Yoshiro)
To:        imp@village.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccard on Libretto 110CT

imp@village.org wrote:

>> Damn.  I thought I hadn't broken it.  It wasn't my intent.  What
>> kernel are you building?  Another way to get polling mode that is more
>> supported than the machdep_pccard_pcic kludge is to remove the irq
                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> spec from the pcic line in your config file.
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Huum, then we have never changed pcic irq by machdep_pccard_pcic with
GENERIC kernel(for example installation floppy), I think.

  Before last Warner-san commit, irq was set by:
	machdep_pccard_pcic > USERCONFIG(boot -c) > kernel config irq

  But latest pcic code:
	USERCONFIG(boot -c) > kernel config irq > machdep_pccard_pcic
	(especially with GENERIC kernel, pcic irq was set in kernel config,
	 so we never set and change via machdep_pccard_pcic,
	 and never use polling mode)

  Is that right?

  I like the former one, because if it is, we can use polling mode with
installation floppy.

Thank you
MIHIRA sanpei Yoshiro
Yokohama, Japan.