Date:      Wed, 02 Oct 2002 22:37:01 +0000
From:      "How Can ThisBe" <howcanthisbe300@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-config@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Update script

I've been working on a script for a while now that can be used to bring
a FreeBSD install (4.5 or newer) in-line with the current cvs version of
the users choice. This 'script' uses the suggested cvsup system for
updating the ports and src files, then begins the entire update process
including recompiling the kernel and/or a custom kernel. The current
process and documentation is great for the cvsup system, however the
script simplifies a lot of it and guides the user through it all.

There are many configuration options along the way and the script (I
feel) is very usable for an experienced user or a totally newbie that
'just installed FreeBSD to have a look'.

I guess I'm really looking for feedback and ways to improve the script.
questions@ is not really the right list and hackers@ does not seem right
either. This list is not correct either but the script is configuration
based.

The script can downloaded from:
http://telia.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/lvl/update.tar.gz

The cvs files are here: