Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 11:55:54 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Its arrived

> Hmm.  I can only see one drive in this one.  There is space for another so
> I might just buy one.

Really?  Weird!  David's has 2, and I thought all the workstations
came configured identically.  Sorry about that!  We can also buy you
one and send it to you if you like - I would hate to see anybody go
out of pocket on this project on top of their volunteer hours.

> Well I have the machine up and running in DUX and it seems OK so far.  I
> even 'improved' our NFS interoperability a bit, working around some
> bogosities in DUX's NFS client.

I wondered about that commit. :)

> I hope that we can improve on NetBSD's alpha install a little...  That is
> some way down the line though.

Indeed it is, though I also figured it as a fairly foregone conclusion
that we'll go for a fully capable CDROM/FTP/... install when that
truly becomes an issue since WC has an active interest in supporting
such things (as does the project).

> I will probably buy a copy of RedHat anyway just to see what it looks like
> and what the install is like.

Yeeks, don't buy that, I'll send you a CD. :)

					Jordan