Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 1995 04:58:51 +0100
From:      Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
To:        ywliu@beta.wsl.sinica.edu.tw
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (fwd) CERT Advisory CA-95:08 - Sendmail v.5 Vulnerability

In message <199508180207.TAA23558@freefall.FreeBSD.org>, ywliu@beta.wsl.sinica.
edu.tw writes:
>I just wonder I am using 2.05R, do I need to switch to sendmail 8.6.12 ?

FreeBSD 2.0.5 or later will not be vunerable to the described attack,
as it ships with sendmail 8.6.11 or later (which, according to the
CERT posting, are `safe' versions).

If you are particularly paranoid, you can grab sendmail 8.6.12 from
ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/src/sendmail (I think). It should
compile under FreeBSD without trouble (I've done it before a couple of
times). Alternatively, 8.6.12 is also in the -current FreeBSD source
tree, available from all good SUP servers and FTP mirrors.

Gary