Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:38:34 -0700
From:      darren david <darren@3x3x3.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xorg monopolizes CPU after switching away with KVM

Hi all-

So I've just encountered a new issue ( for me ) with Xorg, and i'm
having a heck of a time tracking down the source and/or the actual
nature of the issue. Basically, I've got everything working fine and
dandy, running Gnome 2.10 and a hostof other client apps. However, when
i switch to another computer using my KVM, Xorg immediately begins to
monopolize the CPU, heading up to 95% utilization. When i switch back to
my machine, my USB keyboard works, but by USB mouse is unfunctioning. I
have to force quit Xorg and restart to restore peace to the land.

Now, I'm not sure exactly what started this problem, since everything
was working before, and i can't remember exactly /when/ it started. I'm
running FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE, and xorg-6.8.2 and gnome2-2.10.1 from ports.
I get no info in the logs either. I've searched the archives on this,
but it's difficult to figure out exactly /what/ to search on to match
this problem.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
darren david