Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 2015 10:53:18 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Hoyoung Kim <trig4800@gmail.com>
Cc:        splavecl@gmail.com, freebsd-translators@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PO Translations chapter added to the FDP Primer

On Thu, 3 Sep 2015, Hoyoung Kim wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 6:39 AM, Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:
>       The PO Translations chapter has been added to the FreeBSD Documentation Project Primer:
>       https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/po-translations.html
>
>       Please provide feedback.  Can the examples be improved?  Are there sections that are not clear?
>
>       At present, there is no example of the steps to add a new language directory.  It might also benefit from a more detailed example of modifying a book Makefile for the
>       translated version.
>
>       Comments are welcome.
>
>       Thanks!
>
> I'm interested in adding a new language directory.

What, another one? :)

> It would be nice to have detailed instruction, especially about
> creating language-specific `share' directory (It was the most
> difficult part for me).  I recently started Korean translation and
> want to share my experience to make things better.  Advices will be
> appreciated :)

The process should be documented in any case.  Fortunately, we have the
recent example of the Korean language addition to follow.  Thank you for
your work on that.

There has also been recent interest in Czech, which would be a
reasonable example of adding a non-CJK language.  I'm not sure how the
character set is decided, whether anything new will be UTF-8, or if
there are national or regional defaults.

Thanks!