Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 1996 19:33:30 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        babkin@hq.icb.chel.su (Serge A. Babkin)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, luigi@iet.unipi.it, emulation@freebsd.org, nox@jelal.hb.north.de
Subject:   Re: New PC-Emu (fwd)

Serge A. Babkin stands accused of saying:

> I have tried Pcemu 1.9 pre. The networking support (my part) is OK. But
> I have few notices (considering the code as a prerelease snapshot):
>
> 1. It has defaults different from the previous version. When
> started without .pcemurc is searches for DriveA in the
> current directory instead of /usr/local/lib/pcemurc.

Good point; fixed now in both the Makefile comment and bios.c

> 2. The file .pcemurc must be modified to more general form (IMHO
> using of /home/luigi in the skeleton file is not the best idea)
> and moved into dot.pcemurc (which is still old!). IMHO it must refer
> to 720K boot disk image to be compatible with the previous version.

Ok, also fixed.

> 3. Running Pcemu in text mode is great but I think that it must
> run in text mode OR graphics mode, not both simultaneously.

That's Luigi's baby; he's promised me some more patches, which I eagerly
await 8)

Thanks Juergen for your diffs; I've incorporated those, and activated
the bound instruction as well.  If anyone finds any other inactive
instructions, please let me know.

> 4. How about to use getopt() ?

I guess I should.  For now, the next snapshot is
ftp://gsoft.com.au/pub/pcemu1.91pre.tar.gz; if you get a chance to test it,
that'd be great.  If not, I'll announce on the freebsd-emulation list
when I have Luigi's patches incorporated.  Is anyone here not on that
list?