Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 1995 09:56:54 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        nate@sneezy.sri.com
Cc:        bugs@FreeBSD.org, micke@dynas.se
Subject:   Re: Temporary Solution ( was Re: FreeBSD Sony CD-ROM driver buggy)

As Nate Williams wrote:

> I went for the quick fix and changed the constant to 2000, and my
> corruption went away.  Until the real fix comes, should we modify the
> driver constant to 2000 to avoid the data corruption problems?

There's no such thing like too many options :-), so why not protect it
by #ifndef in the driver, and document it in LINT?  Perhaps the
default delay should be longer (to give people the chance installing
from the drive), but everybody's free to tune the driver for himself.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/