Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2002 01:57:02 -0500
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt@ezwv.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        qa@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New cdboot ISO available

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 01:59:47 -0800 (PST), you wrote:
> The release engineering team would like feedback as to roughly how many
> machines do not work with the new bootstrap utility as well as how many
> machines do work.  If most machines work with the new bootstrap, then we may
> switch to using the new bootstrap on the release ISO images.

Boots fine on my Soyo SY-5EHM with:
<VIA 82C598MVP (Apollo MVP3) PCI-PCI (AGP) bridge> at device 1.0 on pci0
and a CD-RW <LITE-ON LTR-12101B> at ata1-slave using PIO4

I did notice an unusual entry in dmesg:
	config> intro
	Invalid command or syntax. Type '?' for help
It didn't seem to have any adverse effects and went ahead with a successful
binary upgrade on a spare drive which had an existing 4.4 installation.

Randy