Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 12:31:55 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Khaled Daham <khaled@mailbox.telia.net>
To:        Sergey <serge69@nym.alias.net>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] How stable is FreeBSD 3.X ?

On 25 May 1999, Sergey wrote:

> Please WRITE this with RED <H1> font in Handbook. And you'll get 50 times
> less problem reports. I don't catch this before your flame - thanks.

Or when ppl join a mailing-list , point out the fact that
handbook/faq/mail-archives should be consulted before mailing f.e <my
machine crashed> , this past weeks have had quite a few mails regarding
how to report crashes, and this could have been avoided if more people
would know about that chapter in the handbook.

And maybe if folks like mike smith and jkh could have pointed out the fact
that Sergey should have looked in the handbook for an answer on how to
debug and submit a proper error_report (imho this issue should be
faq'ified too) , then we probably would have not seen all this flaming, or
?

ps. Is the faq/handbook posted regularly in comp.unix.freebsd.misc ? .ds

/Khaled, Telia Network Services <- running 3.1-REL on production machines
without a crash for >2 months.

Mail:   khaled@telia.net
Cell:   070-6785492
Work:   08-4567281

:hacker: /n./  [originally, someone who makes furniture with an axe]