Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:31:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      batz <batsy@vapour.net>
To:        Christopher Schulte <schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org>
Cc:        lewwid <lewwid@telusplanet.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, Max Mouse <maxmouse@maxmouse.org>
Subject:   Re: PHP 4.1.2

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Christopher Schulte wrote:

:>Would it be useful to have a security branch from which people could cvsup
:>security patches?
:
:>Does such a system exist just for security updates?
:
:For ports?  No.

I would volunteer as maintainer as it isn't too far removed from my day job
to handle something like this. :)

On a simple level, it could just be a tree with copies of updated ports with
patches that people could cvsup from a given site. What other features would
people want from such a service?

Though I suppose cvsup'ing the ports tree on a regular basis would
accomplish the same thing, it might be nice to do it on a security
specific basis.

A vulnerability in zlib suggests that it would be worth having a specific
method for users to update all ports that use zlib, no?

Cheers,

--
batz