Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 10:51:59 +0100
From:      zoltan.sebestyen@netvisor.hu
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG

Hi,

 I'd like to know if there's a chance to install BSD 3.x on a Gericom
OVERDOSE II XXL laptop which consists of the following components:
 Standard(I mean they probably do not need some special driver) m$ natural
keyboard, PS/2 mouse, IDE CD-rom.
Network card: 3Com Megahertz 10/100 LAN CardBus PCard; Infrared PnP
serial(PNP0510)
	Audio card: Some ESS soundcard.
	PCMCIA: Texas Inst. PCI-1225 Cardbus.
	USB: USB-82371AB/EB PCI busmaster [maybe Intel?]
	Video card: Ati RAGE LT PROF AGP 2x.
I'm especially interested in the video and the network card compatibility.

I've downloaded the bootfloppies (kern.flp and mfsroot.flp) for pccard
(3.3-RELEASE/floppies/pccard directory on ftp sites) wrote them on floppy
and tried to boot FBSD. The floppies were successfully read in, then BSD
started displaying the following messages:

FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE #2 [some timestamp]
	jkh@highwing.cdrom.com:/usr/[path to kernel config file] <-- This
has changed naturally when booting PAO bootdisk.

Timecounter "i8254" freq 1193182Hz

And that's all. At a very early stage the boot process has stopped. Any idea
what to do? [Shall I type in something at the boot prompt?]

I'm not a hardware guru so some pieces of information at the start of the
letter might be innaccurate. These are the results of a 'normal' BSD
distributions bootdisk, but sadly apply to PAO bootdisks.

		Thanks in advance,

P.S.: Currently I'm not a member of this mailinglist so please mail me
privately. Thanks.

Zoltan Sebestyen
NETvisor Kft
1111 Muegyetem rkpt.9. Fsz.8.