Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 10:21:21 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 10

In message <200005272107.OAA51939@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> Steve Kargl writes:
: cc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 10
:
: *default date=2000.05.23.00.00.00
:
: as specified in my cvsup supfile.  The system builds fine
: for all earlier dates that I've tried.  I have used the
: following three CFLAGS as set in /etc/make.conf
:
: CFLAGS=
: CFLAGS=-O -pipe
: CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe
:
: and the above error occurs.
:
: Any and all suggestions are welcomed, but it appears to be
: a problem with the new binutils.

I've seen this as well, and have reported it to the binutils
maintainer.  I've done the above, plus get rid of -pipe, raise my
resource limits to insanely high levels, try it on a fresh tree w/o
any of my local hacks, etc.  This is building from a 4.0-stable
system.  I do this because my -stable system is my fileserver/build
server and is 3x faster than my bouncer boxes are at building -current
and 2x faster than my laptop.  It needs to be -stable since it is
expected to have long uptimes and I don't want to upgrade all the
time.  I also need -stable for SO work.

Warner