Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 12:40:07 +1100 (EST)
From:      Rowan Crowe <rowan@sensation.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw - log to somewhere else?

Hi all,

With the ever increasing number of UDP 137 and TCP 139 scans, my logs are
filling up fast... between 2,000-3,000 lines per day just from ipfw. My
"email diff of denied packets every 20 minutes" script is almost useless
since I'm receiving an email almost every single 20 minute run, and the
ipfw denies are also causing /var/messages to be rotated a lot more
frequently.

While I still want those ports blocked and logged for reporting purposes,
is there a way to divert the log entries to another file?

Just to complicate things, most of the ipfw denies come from another
machine and the log entries arrive via syslog...

Cheers.

--
Rowan Crowe                              http://www.rowan.sensation.net.au/
Sensation Internet Services                   http://info.sensation.net.au/