Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 1998 14:21:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Cassata <jim@web-ex.com>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Netware client for FreeBSD

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Boris Popov wrote:

> > That's just silly.  The netcon product has been out for *3 years* now
> > and delivers more than adequate Netware client, server and IPX gateway
> > functionality at a reasonable price.  It has been on our commercial
> > software pages and in the commerce distribution since almost day one as
> > well so nobody can say we didn't publicise it as an option.
>
> 	Yes, price is reasonable, but some peoples and organizations
> still can't by it. In addition, netcon product does not support (at least
> for now) FreeBSD 3.0 and miss some functions in server implementation.
> 	In general, FreeBSD need some improvements to IPX stack and
> routing daemon (I wrote about that to Jhon Hay).
>
> --
> Boris Popov

I agree that the price for the Netcon product is reasonable, but you must
start with 10 licenses at $75 each.  I get stopped at this hurdle
everytime an MIS guy is showing interest at deploying some FreeBSD and
wants to try a machine for a while.  (a while usually exceeds 30 day free
trial)  I have spoken to the Netcon people about selling in smaller
quantities but they are not interested.

Jim Cassata

516.421.6000
jim@web-ex.com