Date:      Fri, 08 Jan 1999 10:53:27 -0800
From:      Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot single with new loader?

I booted with "-s" and so it dropped me into single-user mode with the
root FS mounted read-only.  tunefs then worked on all the raw
partitions including root, and I simply rebooted.  I tried continuing
on instead of rebooting once but it didn't remount / with softupdates
enabled.

I did have to give the full path to the raw device to tunefs
("/dev/rsd0s2a" for my system) - simply giving "sd0s2a" would not
update the root partition.

	-- Parag Patel