Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 1995 00:00:02 -0800
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: kern/820: scsi tape problems

The following reply was made to PR kern/820; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To: mark@linus.demon.co.uk
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 08:47:42 +0100 (MET)

 As Mark Valentine wrote:

 > Nov 12 20:02:54 linus /kernel: st0(aha0:4:0): MEDIUM ERROR info:11 field replaceable unit: 1

 This is clearly a problem with your tape (and/or drive).

 > Nov 12 20:18:21 linus /kernel: st0(aha0:4:0): timed out

 This looks like a subsequent problem in the driver (since your tape
 drive did lengthy attempts to recover from the above error).  I've
 once been discussing the problems of adapter timeouts with Peter
 Dufault.  I think we came to the conclusion to make something else
 than now, but i forgot what it was. :-)

 --
 cheers, J"org