Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:02:23 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray.stokely@windriver.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   2 chapters in bad need of an overhaul

--CNK/L7dwKXQ4Ub8J

Hey all,

  The 'disks' and 'backups' chapters of the FreeBSD Handbook are in
desperate need of some loving.  Both chapters need a standard synopsis
like the Sound chapter.  The backups chapter is very short and
includes information about some tape technologies but not others (out
of scope?).  Maybe this chapter should be moved in with another one?

  I think that we should also start to talk about some 5.x features
in the disks chapter, such as using mdconfig instead of vnconfig.  The
disks chapter should also talk about logical volume management on
FreeBSD with ccd, vinum, and maybe even some of the hardware raid
device drivers' management utilities.

  Any takers?

  - Murray

--CNK/L7dwKXQ4Ub8J