Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 1995 15:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de (Christoph P. Kukulies)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Keyboard reset did not work...

> With a quite recent kernel I get
>
> mulligan# reboot
>
> syncing disks... 4 4 2 done
> Rebooting...
> Keyboard reset did not work, attempting CPU shutdown
>
> and there it hangs...
>
> It's an ASUS VL/I 486 DX4-100, 16MB, AH1542CF.

>From the LINT kernel config file:
# BROKEN_KEYBOARD_RESET disables the use of the keyboard controller to
# reset the CPU for reboot.  This is needed on some systems with broken
# keyboard controllers.
#options        "BROKEN_KEYBOARD_RESET"

I suggest you add this option to the kernel file for that machine.  Also
the model number sighted above does not exist as an ASUS product.  Which
one of these is it:

PVI-486AP4 (Intel Aries chip set)
PVI-486SP3 (Sis 85C496/497 chip set)
VL/I-486SV2G (Sis 85C471 chip set)
VL/I-486SV2GX4 (Adds support for DX4 to VL/I-486SP2G, obsoletes it too)

What is stamped on the keyboard controller chip as far as manufacturer
and model number (if there is one, it may just say ``AMIKey 2''.