Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 18:29:22 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Mike Jackson <muck@ida.net>, "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WordPerfect 8.0 For Linux works :-)

> How about writing (and posting) a script that invokes the installer
> properly lowercases the filenames if required, and BRANDS THE
> BINARIES? It'd be great to have this available so that reviewers
> and newbies don't have trouble. And if it were shown to the Corel
> folks, perhaps they could detect FreeBSD and install accordingly.

The lowercasing problem is a feature of the multiple-file download.  If
you download the single file, everything "just works".  The binaries
don't need to be branded; they're all dynamically linked.

I had mostly finished writing a web page detailing the installation
process in exquisite detail when I discovered that WP8 generates bad
HTML.  I'm about resigned to simply cleaning it up manually and posting
it, maybe early next week.