Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:42:50 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jukka_Simil=E4?= <jukka.simila@sveg.se.sykes.com>, "RS" <khalel1@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'Rick Hamell'" <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
Subject:   Re: Modem question

I'm not 100% certain about all PCMCIA modems available elsewhere in
the world, but late last year I searched high & low in OZ for both PCMCIA
& GSM modems that weren't winmodems. There were only three, all industrial
grade external GSM models (Falcom / Ericsson / Siemens). The local agents
for
all other PCMCIA & internal products readily available here in OZ confirmed
that
their products were winmodems & only suitable for Win98 & possibly WinME.
I've yet to find any currently available internal modem (PCI / PCMCIA / GSM)
that works in FreeBSD, Solaris, WinNT, or Win2000.