Date:      Thu, 22 Jan 1998 08:12:51 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, j_mini@efn.org, blkirk@float.eli.net, bartol@salk.edu, benedict@echonyc.com, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, abial@nask.pl, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: One-floppy FreBSD + rich networking

> > > The MSDOSFS arguments are fixable; specifically, you can have an FS
> > > stacking layer on an MSDOS FS that implements storage for UNIX
> > > semantics using a file which it does not export to consumers.  A
> > > UMSDOSFS, but without the kludges.
> >
> > that's vnconfig, right ?
>
> Huh?!?
>
> No, vnconfig is a program for making a vnode appear as a device.  It's
> major value is for:

but I have always done things like this:

	dd if=/dev/zero of=/msdos_drive_c/swapfile bs=8k count=2048
	vnconfig -e swap /dev/vn0 of=/msdos_drive_c/swapfile
	swapon /dev/vn0b

or

	dd if=/dev/zero of=/msdos_drive_c/ufs_on_msdosfs bs=8k count=2048
	vnconfig /dev/vn0 of=/msdos_drive_c/ufs_on_msdosfs
	newfs ... /dev/vn0c

since 2.1 times.

What else would you want (I mean, for that specific application) ?

	cheers
	luigi