Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 14:14:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
Cc:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, Daniel Haischt <danielh@privat.toplink.de>, freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache/PHP/Oracle8...

No, generating a slightly different letter wouldn't be that hard.  Someone
would just have to write a bunch of slightly different letters.

I'm thinking something like this:

Set up a web site with a form that asks for your email and name
(anything else needed?), and then sends off the email.

- The email could be randomly selected from the pool of letters,
substiting your name and email, etc.
- The first email could be 1, the second, 2, etc... (sequential and
looping).
- Or, you fill the form out once, and then every week, or maybe two weeks,
or something insistent, but nice, an email gets sent out.

Also, every unique email gets added to a list, and displayed on a page.
This url is included in all the emails to Oracle so they can see just how
many people have signed up.

I'd be happy to write the scripts to do this and host it, but I'm going to
need help writing the letters and figuring out who the best person to send
this to at oracle is.

Thoughts?

 -philip

[snip]