Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 17:17:16 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   (Mis)feature of the current make macros

I noticed this with the PC-CARD stuff, but if you have a man-page
definition, ../Makefile.inc gets included twice.  Normally this isn't a
problem, but in the case where you set something with '+=' you'll end up
with it added to the variable twice.

Ex:

% cat Makefile
SUBDIR = subdir

.include <bsd.subdir.mk>
% cat Makefile.inc
CFLAGS += -Wall
% cd subdir
% cat Makefile
PROG=   bar
SRCS=   bar.c
MAN8=   bar.8

.include <bsd.prog.mk>
% touch bar.c bar.8
% make -n
cc -Wall   -Wall bar.c
cc -Wall   -Wall  -o bar bar.o
zip -c bar.8 > bar.8.gz

[ If you comment the MAN8 entry it behaves as expected ]

Is there any Makefile that only includes <bsd.man.mk>?  If so, should
it?  If not, we can remove the inclusion of ../Makefile.inc.

Does anyone know if I'm missing anything here?  (Other than my sanity?
*grin*)

Nate