Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 15:15:50 +0400
From:      Vladimir Kravchuk <adm@smr.ru>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UP2000/DP264

Doug Rabson wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Vladimir Kravchuk wrote:
>
> > Feb 25 11:37:05 up2 /kernel: WARNING: 8192 bytes not available for
> > msgbuf in last cluster (32768 used)
> > !!!!!!!!!What does this warning mean?
>
> I would like to see the memory map for this machine. Please add '#defined
> DEBUG_CLUSTER' to the top of machdep.c to make it print out more
> information about the memory it uses. Unfortunately, this will be printed
> before the message buffer is initialised so you will have to transcribe
> the results by hand if you don't have a serial console.
The debug message are:
.
.
Memory cluster count:5
MEMC 0: pfn 0x0 cnt 0x100 usage 0x1
MEMC 1: pfn 0x100 cnt 0x1fea0 usage 0x0
Cluster 1 contains kernel
MEMC 2: pfn 0x1ffa0 cnt 0x60 usage 0x1
MEMC 3: pfn 0x20000 cnt 0x1fffe usage 0x0
MEMC 4: pfn 0x3fffe cnt 0x2 usage 0x1

--
Vladimir Kravchuk.
e-mail:adm@smr.ru