Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 1998 10:38:58 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: This just in: Microsoft/Sears Merger

At 11:14 AM 12/20/98 +0100, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
>On 20-Dec-98 Brett Glass wrote:
>
>> This may have made Sears a tempting acquisition target for cash-rich
>> Microsoft, which in 1998 surpassed General Electric to attain the largest
>> market capitalization of any American company.
>> however, Gates said that he could not recall its meaning.
>
>Man, this is starting to sound like the Corps from a Shadowrun game...
>
>Next thing Bill wants full control over what TV stations will be airing.
>
>Ick, ick, ick.

This is a classic demonstration of Microsoft yet again buying into a market
in which they do not belong.  SOOO how many users does Microsoft Network
have?  Noone cares, America Online bought out that market ages ago.

My brother made a valid point.. All Sears sells is like Packard Bell and
other horrid computers.. He said "When you combine shit with shit, your
result is still shit..".. I think that's the easiest interpretation of it.

What's next, blenders? toasters?  I mean hell they've already got their
little cable TV station, and then they own WEBTV too..

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange, Bangor Maine USA
http://www.droo.orland.me.us

PGP ID: 409A1F7D