Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:20:02 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        alexandr@mail.eecis.udel.edu
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>, "David O'Brien" <obrien@nuxi.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: gcc

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999 alexandr@mail.eecis.udel.edu wrote:

> Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:08:14 -0500
> From: Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@mail.eecis.udel.edu>
>
> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> says:
> : On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Chuck Robey wrote:
> :
> : > Your argument about CS students needing the better compiler was true,
> : > but totally ignored the fact that getting the CS students their compiler
> : > IS NOT the top priority, especially since ports can do it (did for me).
> :
> : Ummmm, you mis-quoted.  I agree with your above, and my statement had to
> : do with an inability of FreeBSD to run on the hardware that we have (IBM
> : thinkpad laptops) then anything software related (other then
> : kernel/driver)...
>
> I think I take offense to this statement.  I've been running FreeBSD on
> various models of StinkPads for the past two+ years.  The combo works
> (mostly) like a charm too.

You are most welcome to take offense to that statement, especially
considering you obviously have no idea what you are taking offesnse at...

Yes, FreeBSD installs on these things, but the network card in them are
not supported by FreeBSD, which defeats the purpose of a "Networked
Campus"...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org