Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:27:53 -0500
From:      "Jeff Jeter" <gsfgf@hotmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: XFree86 -configure causes lock up

Does this happen immeiatly upon XFree86 -configure or when you
XFree86 -configure /root/XF86Config.new.

 I'll assume it's the 1st.  therer are 2 other ways to configure X.
 xf86config or xf86configure.  (I think.  It's been a while since i did
this)
 also see if a file /root/XF86Config.new exists.  (If you aren't logged as
 root also look in your home dir.)  If so cp /root/XF86Config.new
 /etc/X11/XF86Config  and then startx.

Good luck,
 Jeff Jeter