Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:59:50 -0400
From:      Gerard <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Brad Mettee <bmettee@pchotshots.com>
Subject:   Re: general question - php5 extensions

--Sig_/uuws6ma5JloRIJ2rFV=gvpu

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:30:21 -0400
Brad Mettee <bmettee@pchotshots.com> wrote:

> I've been banging my head for 2 days trying to get php5 compiled with=20
> extensions OR a way to find the .so files so it could dynamically
> link them. I've finally stumbled on the php5-* directories in the
> ports tree and it's compiling extensions right now, except that I
> keep having to deinstall an extension then restart the php5-extension
> make again so it can continue.
>=20
> Why isn't there a single folder under the lang/php5 directory that
> would put all of the extensions in the same place? Having them broken
> up into all of the varying places in the tree makes it extremely
> difficult to find them. Or maybe at least have sym links to them in
> one place.
>=20
> This is just for discussion, I don't expect an actual answer..........

Are you referring to 'php5-extensions-1.1' in the ports tree? Assuming
you have installed php5 via ports, why couldn't you just run:

	portupgrade -NRryv php5-extensions

You will probably want to run 'make config' in that directory before
running portupgrade.

You could also use portmanager:

	portmanager lang/php5-extensions -p -y -l

HTH

--=20
Gerard
gerard@seibercom.net

Oh, give me a home,
Where the buffalo roam,
And I'll show you a house with a really messy kitchen.