Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:30:28 -0600
From:      Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>
Cc:        powerpc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Beware of revision 218075

On 01/29/11 15:04, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> All,
>
> Support for the MPC85xx development systems was broken 7 months ago
> with initial support for G5 hardware and further regressed by the
> support for FDT.
>
> Revision 218075 has some sweeping changes related to the interrupt
> framework, so please beware. Since I don't have G5 hardware it's
> possible that G5 is broken due to it, so I appreciate getting a
> thumbs up or thumbs down from anyone updating to 218075 or later.
>
> I'll be causing some more churn in the coming weeks, but that
> should be mostly related to the FDT support and as such should not
> impact any powerpc platforms other than mpc85xx.
>
> FYI,

I would really have appreciated a heads up and a chance to test this
before it went into the tree. I would also note that you appear well on
your way to duplicating all the PCI logic in /sys/powerpc/ofw, and that
unifying OFW/FDT, since they are the same thing, would probably save a
lot of pain down the road.
-Nathan