Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:49:44 +0200
From:      Mikael Hugo <mikael.hugo@dataphone.net>
To:        "'IBS / Andre Oppermann'" <andre@pipeline.ch>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Homedir 'hiding'

Try to 700 the parent directory (/home)

-----Original Message-----
From: IBS / Andre Oppermann [mailto:andre@pipeline.ch]
Sent: Friday, June 26, 1998 3:38 PM
To: isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Homedir 'hiding'

We give our customers at the moment only chrooted ftp access (ftpd
with internal LS) to their www-homedirs. Some users however ask for
telnet access.

The problem we have is that if someone logs in that person can see
all homedirectories of other customers. The user with telnet access
has an own group but can still see the other homedirs but not enter
them (no permission of course).

My question is now: what can I do that the telnet users cant see
the other homedirs (don't tell me 'rm -R *' ;-)).

PS: I have tried to set the permissions to drwx------ but it is
still visible with ls.

--
Andre Oppermann

CEO / Geschaeftsfuehrer
Internet Business Solutions Ltd. (AG)
Hardstrasse 235, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
Fon +41 1 277 75 75 / Fax +41 1 277 75 77
http://www.pipeline.ch    ibs@pipeline.ch